Environmental Justice Associate
- Manage the Decolonize the Environment workshop series, which includes organizing workshops and panels on various environmental and social justice topics
- Maintain the Environmental Justice resource folder and web page, by researching initiatives and articles that integrate environmental education with social justice topics to update
- Conduct and perform outreach on campus of EJ related events both on and off- campus
- Coordinate with other on and off- campus departments/organizations to develop partnerships and collaborate on EJ related initiatives and projects
- Participates in weekly staff meetings and semesterly retreats
- Contributes to all SERC assignments and activities.
- Excellent skills in detail-oriented organization, and verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, taking initiative, proposing innovative ideas, and collaborating well with other people and organizations
- Have experience/knowledge with or interest in sustainability, environmental issues, and environmental justice related topics
- Capacity to work 8-12 hours/week during the fall and spring semesters, and to attend weekly SERC staff meetings and semesterly SERC Retreats
- Status as a currently enrolled student at UC Berkeley
Application Details: Please send your resume and cover letter (both saved with your full name as PDFs) answering 1) Why do you want to work for SERC? and 2) Why are you applying for this specific position?, and your resume to email@example.com or apply via Handshake. Please put “SERC Environmental Justice Associate” for the subject of the email. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Closing Date: April 29th at 5pm