EcoLeaders at UC Berkeley
EcoLeaders is the gathering of environmental student leads at UC Berkeley at least once a semester to discuss issues that broadly impact the community. Please e-mail email@example.com to confirm that your organization’s main contacts are on our mailing list!
Who is considered an ecoleader at UC Berkeley?
An ecoleader is anyone who is in a student-led sustainability organization at UC Berkeley campus (does not need to be an RSO) that is recognized by their organizer to be a leader. We do not formally put caps on this description/number of people an organization can bring but want to emphasize that these meetings are supposed to be more of a conversation and platform bringing together leaders and definitely to make space for every organization to be represented, please be mindful of not inviting too many people to call.
Who can bring issues to ecoleaders meetings?
While the Eco Office (ASUC Office of Sarah Bancroft) and SERC calls the meetings, any organization can bring up issues. Agendas for EcoLeaders meetings will be sent out to our EcoLeaders listserv at least 24 hours in advance. Please again be mindful of this space and folk’s time, issues brought should help elevate or address issues that the other organizations can learn or benefit from.
Can we form subcommittees?
Yes! Please feel free to organize amongst other organizations to create issue-specific umbrella organizations! SERC can support in the creation of these subcommittees and provide institutional support.
Join the Environmental Council (ECO) at UC Berkeley
UC Berkeley’s Environmental and Sustainability Student Organizations are members of the Environmental Council (ECO), a democratic and representative body consisting of appointed representatives and alternates from these organizations. ECO meets monthly to
- Share points of collaboration
- Generate feedback to SERC about student organization challenges and interests
- Engage in collective voting or sponsorship of ASUC Bills, Candidates, referendums, petitions, and campus policies. ECO slates its own ASUC Senator to represent the environmental community on Senate. The 2016-2017 ECO Senator is Rigel Robinson.
- Discuss and act upon critical and pressing sustainability and climate related issues
Previous ECO Meetings:
Fall 2016 Meetings, 7pm-8:30pm
- Thursday, 9/22, VLSB 2070
- Thursday, 10/20, Dwinelle 83
- Thursday, 11/17
Spring 2016 Meetings, 7pm-8pm
- Tuesday, 2/2, 9 Lewis Hall
- Thursday 3/3, 283 Dwinelle
- Thursday, 3/31 130 Dwinelle
- Thursday, 4/14 130 Dwinelle
Fall 2015 Meetings in Wheeler Hall 106, 7pm- 8:30pm
- Tuesday, 9/8- featuring SERC
- Tuesday, 9/29- featuring Office of Sustainability & Energy
- Tuesday, 10/6- Cool Campus Challenge Launch Party
- Tuesday, 10/20
- Wednesday, 11/10- Environmental ASUC Senator slating
- Tuesday, 11/17
- Tuesday, 12/1
Spring 2015 ECO meetings were held in Dwinelle 187 from 7pm-8:30pm on the following dates:
- February 3rd
- March 3rd
- March 17- skills training session with AORTA
- April 7th
- April 28th
- May 5th
The fall 2014 ECO meetings occurred in Wheeler Hall 0110 from 7:00pm-8:30pm on the following dates:
- September 23rd
- September 30th
- October 14th
- November 18th
- December 2nd
ECO is facilitated by the SERC Community Liaison. Questions regarding our student organizations or ECO? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow ECO at https://www.facebook.com/BerkeleyECO/.