Apply to be the next Nature Village Director!
This summer, our current and wonderful director will be leaving University Village.
As a result, we are hiring! Please refer to the below information information on job responsibilities and qualifications, and feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
About Nature Village
Nature Village, is a multidisciplinary sustainability program led by University Village Residents, UC Berkeley students, staff, campus sustainability groups, and volunteers who work together to promote and engage residents in sustainable living practices at University Village. With over 2,700 total residents, University Village presents a unique opportunity to reduce the environmental footprint of an entire community and test ways in which an existing neighborhood can drastically reduce their net energy usage and waste output.
Job Summary/Job Duties:
- Design, execute, and evaluate sustainability programs and initiatives at University Village
- Work collaboratively with University Village representatives and residents, the Student
- Environmental Resource Center, Nature Village Advisory Board, volunteer Nature Village Coordinators, and campus groups to complete projects and reduce the environmental impact of University Village
- Assist in the development/creation of a Nature Village 3 Year Strategic Plan
- Recruit volunteers and lead the Nature Village volunteer group (Lead weekly meetings with the volunteer group)
- Organize monthly events that promote sustainable living and environmental equity
- Seek fundraising and sponsorship opportunities for program and operational costs
- Be a current resident of University Village
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience in working within sustainability
- Project management and/or volunteer/community organizing experience
- Exhibit strong writing and verbal communication skills. Be able to communicate effectively with a multicultural and diverse group, including non-native English speaking individuals.
- Be organized and detail-oriented.
- Exhibit strong research and analytical skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (excel, powerpoint, etc.), Email, Google Drive, Google Calendar, and social media marketing
- Previous experience working with Nature Village, community organizing, and/or fundraising
- Will be a University Village Resident for at least a year.
- Expand network and leadership skills.
- Gain experience working with multicultural communities and UC Berkeley staff, students, and administrators.
- $500 monthly rent credit dependent upon hours committed.
- Office at the University Village Community Center.
- Free Fitness Membership in the Village Recreation Program.
Hours/Week: 10 hours/week
Travel: Minimal travel to the UC Berkeley campus
Reports to: Coordinator of The Green Initiative Fund & Sustainability Initiatives
Desired Start Date: June 1st
Deadline To Apply: Please send a cover letter expressing your interest/qualifications, and your resume to Sharon at email@example.com by Monday, May 16th, 5PM.Please put “Nature Village Director”- Your Name” for the subject of the email. Interviews will be conducted between May 23-May 27 2016.
We’re excited to receive your applications!